See how two of the highest undertaking administration software program options evaluate over versatility, ease of use, reporting, analytics, and bells and whistles for enterprise customers.
On the subject of deciding on project management software, groups have a variety of choices, together with Wrike and Asana. Each of those instruments are implausible for managing duties and initiatives; nonetheless, there are slight variations in every undertaking administration resolution’s method and options.
We’ll evaluate and distinction Asana and Wrike based mostly on the options that any of the perfect undertaking administration platforms ought to have built-in. For this function comparability, we’ll be trying on the enterprise variations of Wrike and Asana.
SEE: Hiring kit: Project manager (TechRepublic Premium)
Wrike is a well-liked undertaking and work administration device from Citrix. The Wrike platform is very customizable, providing every little thing from customized workflows to customized dashboards. Wrike’s different key options embody real-time undertaking administration, end-to-end visibility for all initiatives and duties in addition to sturdy safety components.
SEE: Wrike review (TechRepublic)
Asana is a cloud-based device for easy process and undertaking administration. Asana is understood for its skill to allow groups to simply monitor all elements of a undertaking, collaborate in real-time and handle their assets.
SEE: Asana review (TechRepublic)
Wrike vs. Asana: Options comparability
Head-to-head comparability: Wrike vs. Asana
Wrike and Asana are wonderful instruments for managing undertaking duties, and so they’re comparable of their method. For instance, each Wrike and Asana allow groups so as to add duties, kind duties by due date, connect recordsdata to duties and set deadlines. Every undertaking administration device permits groups so as to add subtasks to subtasks, so breaking down work is easy.
Each Wrike and Asana enable groups to view duties in the best way they see match. Asana affords a number of views, together with listing view and boards. Wrike affords views equivalent to Desk view, Gantt Chart and Stream.
A key distinction lies of their time-tracking capabilities, which is essential when managing duties and assets. Wrike has a built-in time monitoring device. Asana lacks time monitoring, so that you’ll want to make use of a third-party integration (Determine A).
On the subject of managing initiatives, workforce collaboration issues. Fortuitously, Wrike and Asana are each constructed for simplified collaboration. Wrike and Asana enable groups to touch upon duties, add attachments for context and create shared workforce calendars.
These two undertaking administration instruments additionally supply extra sturdy collaboration instruments equivalent to proofing, which helps preserve suggestions streamlined.
There are variations between these instruments’ collaboration options. For instance, with Wrike, groups can edit process descriptions concurrently by way of the reside editor; Asana doesn’t assist this function (Determine B).
No two organizations handle initiatives precisely the identical, which is why customization is important when deciding on undertaking administration software program. Wrike and Asana supply many customizations groups can use to personalize their workspaces.
Each undertaking administration instruments enable groups to construct customized workflows. In Asana, groups can use the Workflow Builder, a visible device for creating automated work processes. In Wrike, groups can use the Automation Engine to do the identical.
Wrike and Asana supply an enormous library of integrations groups can select from. In style integrations for Wrike embody Salesforce, Microsoft Groups, Google Drive, Gmail, Jira and Slack. In style integrations for Asana embody all of those choices in addition to Adobe Inventive Cloud, Tableau, Clockwise and Zapier.
Pricing of Wrike and Asana
There may be solely a slight distinction in value between Asana Enterprise and Wrike Enterprise. For Asana, groups can count on to pay $24.99/month per person; for Wrike, groups can count on to pay $24.80/month per person.
Asana and Wrike: Similarities
The 2 undertaking administration options have these options in widespread, which might make your determination harder:
- Colour-coding to create, design and assign duties.
- Because of the magic of @, you may touch upon and talk about initiatives.
- Need to customise workflows? Each can try this.
- Each supply integration with electronic mail platforms.
- You’ll be able to relaxation your typing fingers with each techniques, as a result of single duties will be assigned to a number of initiatives.
- Each do a number of app integrations, together with the Android and iOS ecosystems
- Asana and Wrike allow you to invite limitless “visitors” or “collaborators,” respectively.
- Love your timelines? Each platforms can spin up Gantt-like charts.
- Time monitoring — though for Asana, it’s by way of an integration with Harvest and Everhour.
- For customized integrations, each platforms have versatile APIs.
Execs and cons of Asana and Wrike
- Sturdy roadmap and time administration performance
- Sturdy person group assist
- Good firm service and assist
- Extremely scalable as much as complicated initiatives
- Permits inner and exterior teams to collaborate
- Highly effective workflow automation capabilities and analytics
- Not intuitive for customers new to the software program
- Higher for extra complicated workloads
- UX could be a problem
- Dashboard choices are restricted
- Excessive-price premium tier means smaller firms will miss the perfect options
- Ease of undertaking setup and integration with purchasers
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface
- Straightforward to assign duties and tagging
- Person-friendly instruments equivalent to drag-and-drop
- Portfolios function lets customers customise and group initiatives
- Highly effective options locked in premium value tier
- New customers may need a tough time understanding the Asana interface.
- No auto-shifting for associated duties
- Restricted scalability for big groups
- No source-code integration
Wrike vs. Asana: Which undertaking administration software program do you have to select?
For groups that worth a sturdy undertaking administration device that also prioritizes simplicity, Asana could be an important selection. For groups skilled in utilizing undertaking administration software program and want extra complicated built-in instruments like time monitoring, Wrike could be the higher choice.
Prime undertaking administration software program suggestions
monday.com Work OS is the undertaking administration software program that helps you and your workforce plan, execute, and monitor initiatives and workflows in a single collaborative house. Handle every little thing from easy to complicated initiatives extra effectively with the assistance of visible boards, 200+ ready-made templates, intelligent no-code automations, and simple integrations. As well as, customized dashboards simplify reporting, so you may consider your progress and make data-driven choices.
Sort out complicated initiatives with Wrike’s award-winning undertaking administration software program. Break initiatives into easy steps, assign duties to workforce members, and visualize progress with Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and calendars. Handle useful resource allocation and forecasting with software program that’s simple to launch. Automation and AI options strip away time-consuming admin duties so you are able to do the perfect work of your life. Streamline your practices, align your workforce, and make sure you hit deadlines and keep on price range.
Smartsheet is an internet work execution platform empowering organizations of all sizes to plan, handle, automate, and report on work. Over 80,000 manufacturers depend on Smartsheet for undertaking and work administration.
ClickUp is likely one of the highest-rated undertaking administration instruments as we speak. Use Docs, Reminders, Targets, Calendars, Chat, scheduling, assigned feedback, customized views, & extra with this all-in-one undertaking administration device.
Utilized by 800,000+ groups in firms like Airbnb, Google, and Uber, it brings your entire initiatives right into a single app! Constructed for groups of all sizes and industries, Our totally customizable & proprietary options make it vital for anybody wanting to maintain undertaking administration in a single place.
Useful resource Guru is the quick, versatile option to schedule groups and initiatives. Handle folks, tools, and assembly rooms in a single place. Observe availability in real-time and assign work in seconds. Analyze workloads throughout purchasers and initiatives.